Wednesday 23 April 2008

More work than week.


There's been more working week than the feeling one normally gets by a Wednesday night. I think I got overcharged a day somewhere and I will now carry that through the rest of the week. Bugger!

That said on Friday I am in the van, driving a large barbecue (unlit of course) down through Somerset and Devon to our store just near Plymouth where I happen to have a day's tasks. I volunteered to go in the van and save someone else the run, and it's a fantastic run with views and larks, and plenty of green on the Devon Expressway (pictured). Radio on and salary kicking away so it won't be a struggle, I hope - and the works van is quite a caper. I'm amazed they let me near it to conduct my store visits.

Had an email from my brother today. Hong Kong Wednesday and settling into Manila by the end of the week. I think he is a little trepidatious but quite excited too. A touch over 90 degrees in the Philippines according to the weatherman!

This is a bit tragic but this pic, downloaded from Google just now shows (I am pretty sure) a Pilkington Glass wagon there on the left - the green one, with its special axles and sides. Top bit of kit on a run from Cheshire, I reckon. Top transport Spoddery! On the other side it's an aggregate six leg tipper. Oh dear.

2 comments:

Suburbia said...

'I think I got overcharged a day somewhere and I will now carry that through the rest of the week. Bugger!'
I loved this bit, Hee Hee! I feel just the same, hence the wine!

BS5 Blogger said...

It's a right pain when you feel all Thursday and it's still only Wednesday, huh?

Hope the glass(es) of Mr Merlot did the trick for you over in BS9 :)