Monday 21 April 2008

Close call.


At work today I nearly had a majorly embarrassing moment which would only have been funny in about ten years.

Over the weekend in the pub the chaps and I were having a very, very silly moment remembering 'Mars Attacks!' which is a hugely amusing film. In it, the Martians all get very excited and when they do, they all shout out loud and fast 'Ack ack ack ack ack ack!' like a huge noisy flock of birds. We were recalling this and spent the next hour randomly starting each other off by one person saying 'Ack ack ack!' and the rest of the gang joining in dead fast with the last one in being a bad egg. It's a pretty high falutin' and intellectual group but I must confess I was bent double in carelessly joyous glee at the time.

Anyway at work today suited and booted in Austin Reed and Loakes' finest respectively, and with a decent tie and pocket handkerchief combination in place I came within about half a second of starting off an 'Ack ack ack!' in the office, where upon I would have been carted off and put in a dark room. Decorum kicked in just in time and I stifled a giggle.

4 comments:

Suburbia said...

At least you could have had a sleep in the dark room.

Did you hear that big explosion over in BS9?

BS5 Blogger said...

Oh dear! What happened? :-O

Liz Hinds said...

Why don't you ever sleep? I remember: there was a programme on the radio with Erin O'Connor talking about stuff. Look it up.

BS5 Blogger said...

Hi Liz,

Must confess I missed that one, but I am an early bird and tend to bounce out of bed with constant cheer. Of course at the other end of the day I tend to turn in early!

I will look up E O'C

What do you think about Suburbia's router? I hope she installs it okay.

:)