My Manila brother sent me this in a comment and it is from Vanity Fair. This is a pretty stretching questionnaire which I am posting and filling in over the next day or so..I couldn't do nothing at all about it once he had sent it so here goes..it is not a tag. The attached image came with the questions and I quite liked it and that is why I chose it.
The Proust Questionnaire
The Proust Questionnaire has its origins in a parlor game popularized (though not devised) by Marcel Proust, the French essayist and novelist, who believed that, in answering these questions, an individual reveals his or her true nature. Here is the basic Proust Questionnaire.
2. What is your greatest fear? Right now? The US invading Iran - the world would go crazy in about two months
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Very tolerant but about once every 5 years I will be unspeakably rude, unkind and vitriolic to some poor sod. TTG!
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Rudeness
5. Which living person do you most admire? Jonathan Sachs, I think
6. What is your greatest extravagance? My car
7. What is your current state of mind? New Jersey, or maybe Idaho
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. On what occasion do you lie?
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
11. Which living person do you most despise? No one - despise is a very strong word and a failing in oneself . I'm not fond of George Bush but then I don't really know him
12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Decency
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Height
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Pint of Guinness, please
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Go away!
16. When and where were you happiest? Loads of times in my house on my own of late
17. Which talent would you most like to have? Flying!
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? A big tree
21. Where would you most like to live? Right here
22. What is your most treasured possession? Breadth of mind (arrogant but there it is)
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
24. What is your favorite occupation? Israel 1948 to date - hold on to it lads but c'mon, share a bit too.
25. What is your most marked characteristic? Height, maybe
26. What do you most value in your friends? Their friendship (dim question)
27. Who are your favorite writers? Anthony Trollop and Matthew Parris
28. Who is your hero of fiction? Marlon Shakespeare (Google him!) or JLP - not sure.
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? WS Churchill (from a suitable distance of talent)
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
31. What are your favorite names?
32. What is it that you most dislike? Intolerance of Faith
33. What is your greatest regret? Didn't happen yet, hope it won't
34. How would you like to die? Old, married and with children off doing happy stuff
35. What is your motto? Be decent and remember to goon about a bit too