Tuesday 15 July 2008

I say, old chap, can you tell me the year?


Well now, this chap stopped at my house this morning saying he had been in the 1930s when he was right at the other end of the road but went through a Mobius strip at about no.86 and came forward in time by 70 years. He said that when he got to my house he felt a 1930s vibe so he knocked on to see what was occurring.

Last time I experienced a Mobius strip in BS5 it involved planet Zanussi and a lone sock. The outcome was all good on that one!

Anyhow, the ice cream fellow is on his way back to the 1930s and I let him know business might dip around about September 1939. I asked him for the email address of the woman in the background (because she looked rather a fox in her beret) but he said he didn't know what I was on about.

And on we go with work and the day in their proper perspective. On that score, as Walshy nearly said of the Polar Bear post, F.I - T.T.G!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a strange post...

Michael Dorn did a voice over for a movie called 'Thru the Moebius Strip'

But you already knew that, right?

scargosun said...

Ok, I come out of lurking mode and this is the post I need to work out in my head?! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the car BS5.

One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full. And he said "Is it half full or half empty?". So I drank the water. No more problem.

I find that extending this lesson to a few half glasses of one's favourite tipple often helps make the world feel like a better place.

Miss Moneypenny

Suburbia said...

And the thing causing the 1930's vibe in your house was...??

C'mon you have to help me here, I'm struggling with this one it's almost too surreal! (though obviously I get the sock thing!)

BS5 Blogger said...

Who would have though a perfectly ordinary post would seed such confusion? The Mobius Strip is the central theme of a particularly decent early episode of the show with the bloke who is now selling TVs a handful of posts ago. I am sure these random space time continuum events happen where you live too?

Thanks for all your comments:

Walshy: didn't know that but Mr W quotes The Mobius Strip in the ep' and that has been sampled on many a house record.

Scargosun: Nice to see you; glad Sunday went well! :)

Miss M: thanks for the kind line of the car ( still :( )

Sub: No struggle needed, just one of those random Tuesday morning things and really no more curious than Small Sprog enjoying his 'how to improve your memory' story tape that you bought him thinking it was a fun animal story! :)

If you want odd, check out my post about Richard Milhous Nixon - I saw him buying petrol an hour ago in BS4 and will Blog about *that* later tonight.

Anonymous said...

Okay... not the post to read drunk. Definitely. Definitely not.

PS. Definitely hard to spell when drunk.

Cannwin said...

We get all kinds of odd people at my door. It gets rather annoying after a while. This last winter a man knocked at the door at 3 AM-ish and wanted us to call the police since he couldn't remember where he lived.

The police not so kindly told him that 'Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours.'

I know I'm posting a comment to a older post but I get behind on these things.

BS5 Blogger said...

Hi,

All comments are welcome without regard to the time the post was made! I am glad you know where people live, or help those who fail to remember; if I am ever lost coming home to BS5 I will knock your door (though I suspect it will be a bit of a detour)