Saturday 3 January 2009

Wedding driver


Today I am suited and booted, and taking a friend to her wedding in VX52. This is the second time my car has performed wedding detail with the first occasion being in Lancashire back on a very hot day last year.

Me, VX52, the bride, the bridesmaid and her sister on a cold day in Bristol.

I would normally clean the car myself, an activity I enjoy greatly, but then I caved in to the cold and had it done at a hand wash place here in BS5. That was an experience; eight cars on the go at once in a confined space and each car moved from stage to stage in a biblical cacophony of languages, hues, creeds and gesticulations. It really did not cost very much and it was quite good fun to see cars flying about the place with no danger of a bump - they knew each inch of their premises!

The wedding I am driving for also has a do this evening and I am going along to that. This week I have been spoiled for parties, eating, rooms full of attractive women and happy days.

My suit has grown since I last had it on and the trousers are looser around the waist! The waistcoat is looser too.

6 comments:

My Wonderful Little Designs said...

You must be the only person I know who loses weight over Christmas!! Lucky Sod!

BS5 Blogger said...

It's a real cheat too! I have eaten tons and put away a few little pints here and there!

Lakeland Jo said...

Popped in from Suburbia's blog. Hope you had fun at the wedding

BS5 Blogger said...

Hi Jo! I have 'seen' Suburbia natter about you! Thanks for looking in!

Saz said...

Lose weight..PAH!! you can go off people you know!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the growing suit?!?

how did the VX52 like having someone's hands on her?