Thursday 1 January 2009

Listen to your Mum!


This morning at bleary o' clock I put my tablecloth into the washing machine. I am fond of my table cloth as it was a Christmas present from my Mum sometime back. It is a massive cloth and made of something called damask linen (or something).

Anyhow, it has been on active service all week long and its clean white pristineness is definitely missing in action with many a war wound (of wine) on display. My Mum always tells me I should use a stain remover on wine prior to putting it in the wash. Today I thought I'd be okay and lobbed it in as it was, with the result that 78 minutes later it came out with all the merlot, cab sav and syrah intact and just a little lighter in colour than before. Next time I am in Sainsbury's I will replenish my Vanish and make a mental note that my Ma is right pretty much all of the time.

Here's the table awaiting a clean cloth, which won't be today of course.

4 comments:

Suburbia said...

That feminine side is showing again! Keep it covered man!

BS5 Blogger said...

Thank you....I think!

My Wonderful Little Designs said...

oh yes you don't want us thinking you've gone all "girly"!!

scargosun said...

Tsk, tsk. I am sending you a Tide stick.