Thursday 8 January 2009

A single act 20 years ago...


A bit like Captain Garret coming through a worm hole event (that may or may not be there), I think I have emerged from Christmas into the regular structure of the week.

Today is the first evening I have been on my jack since December 23rd. It has been company all the way through, and when you live on your own and become used to it, a house suddenly devoid of folks is quite a thing. Don't get me wrong, the company has been consistently great but a 16 day stretch is a good bit! Loads of laughs and delights along the way but now I have some quiet days to crack on with job apps and temping again. I enjoyed a busy house, and I have company again on Monday which will be particularly top smart. It has to do with a favourite bit of pavement.

Of course, Captain Garret got wasted by the Klingons, but no one knew about it because when the event happened it cancelled itself out of time and no one knew about it ever occurring, so that's not really a great theme to hang on to. If I was suddenly never here, and you never knew me at all, and this blog never was, then I've gone arse backwards through an unstable worm hole into the future, but not for another 20 years just yet.

4 comments:

Saz said...

all l can think of to say is 'Beam me up Scottie'...

BS5 Blogger said...

Nooooooooooo! You can do better than that!

:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you could have said. Denise Crosby, Yesterdays Enterprise and rename your images before you post them to your blog.

scargosun said...

I was slightly confused by the Trek references but very gald to hear you are getting a breather.