Sunday 11 January 2009

Oink!


I don't want this blog to become obsessed with eating. Trains, bridges, space ships maybe, but not food.

Here is another food post.

Today it's leg of roast pork, a joint I think I have just about cracked. I have prepped it this morning prior to going for a run, changing the bedding and looking in at church. I will roast the pork from 4pm, I think. It has a little olive oil on it and then a mixture of onions, garlic and green finger chillies over the top. There's some garlic cloves in the joint and some rosemary, and some roughly chopped onions surrounding it too. A splash of wine has gone in and some seasoning, and all it now needs is 177 minutes at 190 degrees. Should be great! The cold cuts are almost nicer than the hot and it's all very versatile!

2 comments:

Saz said...

177 minutes, gosh you are the heston blumenthal of the blogging cuisine world... thats very precise..

BS5 Blogger said...

Hmmm, not really so much the Heston Blumenthal - more the pottering amateur who gets it right once in a while. Tasted great!