Friday 23 January 2009

Quiet Street


A trip into BS1 today and Cabot Circus, Bristol's new shopping centre. I reasoned that today would be the quietest Friday of the year; it's the week before most firms' pay Friday, and it's been a very long one as most firms paid a week early for Christmas last month - so a long stretch and hardly anyone out and about unloading cash. It was just so and the place was eerily empty which made for a very peaceful saunter about. As it turns out the only item I went in for was not to be had so I bought a Cadbury's Double Decker and went home again. The theory was good, though.

I nearly bought a new griddle pan (on a whim) but it was made by Le Crueset and was mentally expensive so I moved on.

Other excitement today includes a myth busting experiment I will Blog about in a day or so, Bingo calling at 6pm, and with much drama, a swapping around of my room that involved a hammer, some dismantling and lots of re-arrangement and messing about!

I may take an evening glass of wine.

7 comments:

Saz said...

have l missed the launch of a new chocolate bar??? heck!! or just a new package?

Suburbia said...

Can you expand on the "hammer, some dismantling and lots of re-arrangement and messing about!" bit (do tell!)

BS5 Blogger said...

The telling is in the seeing; I may blog early next week about progress on the dismantling.

Suburbia said...

Don't believe you are really doing anything in there at all!

BS5 Blogger said...

It's still work in progress!

Suburbia said...

I've seen a small ad for great interior design advice should you need help!

BS5 Blogger said...

Hmmm - is it one of those fly by night sorts who lob in terms like feng shui and awareness?