Monday 5 January 2009

Ten!


Yesterday was the tenth anniversary of my association with Bristol!

On Jan 4th 1999 I turned up for day 1 of work at the head office of Somerfield/Kwik Save stores to start a pretty dull job drawing 'planograms' (i.e what product goes on a particular shelf space). It was also ten years since meeting my good Wexford friend Seamus who also started work on that day. He now lives back in Ireland from whence he came and since that day he and I have flown into silliness in China, Mexico, Egypt, The Czech Republic and very briefly Russia (and Ireland, of course).

This particular job saw the formation of the BS5 gang; soon after Seamus and I started, Walshy and Bag signed up too, Caz moved down as well, and a friendship was away.

It was also Epiphany Sunday (Kings, star, gifts and then on the 6th, the 12th day of Christmas and the tree goes), and the day saw the reinstatement of 'Shanghai' darts in the pub.

All very philisophical.

3 comments:

Saz said...

waxing lyrical...nice post BS5!

BS5 Blogger said...

Thank you! I enjoyed your recent rant at the postman!

Suburbia said...

Happy Anniversary, glad you're here :)