Saturday 10 January 2009

Beeswax BS5


A right old morning of activity and domestication here in Bravo Sierra Fiver. I went for a run and it was not mega early but it was still cold enough to freeze the end of my nose and my finger tips. I am glad I have started running and exercising again, I feel much zingier and more alert for it, even two days back in.

Got back and had an indulgent wallow in the bath, and then dressed and took out my tablecloth from the wash. In light of my post about the wine stains staying in, I bought a bright pink tub of Vanish stain remover in the week. The instructions said lob in a scoop, or if you are diligent, soak it first and rub each stain. I did the ‘scoop’ only of course, with the result that it came out better but not great; it’s going to be down to hard work and perseverance, I guess. Or being more careful with my wine but that’s a 36 year gangly streak I’d have to break and that’s not going to happen any time soon.

With the tablecloth off the table, I decided to polish it. I am incredibly fond of my table, maybe worryingly so, but I polished it for ages to restore some gleam which is odd because later on when I have ironed the tablecloth, it will simply go back on, covering the deep shine in the wood. I remember getting this table when I was 11, and now it is in my house these past 4 years. It is so polished that next time I have anyone to lunch, the whole thing might just slide right off, so care will have to be taken at that point.

Here’s the table in its undressed state with a bottle (from Helen, for Christmas) and the chair head reflected all the way down showing the gleam!

Some cooking to do later and then an end to the domestic streak in the form of a pint, I suspect...

UPDATE: It is indeed Walshy's chair which he gave to me when he moved house.

5 comments:

Saz said...

simple things...

Anonymous said...

that's my chair!

;)

BS5 Blogger said...

It is dude, and I should have given it a shout! Cheers! I will update! :)

Suburbia said...

Is it very slippy indeed?

;)

BS5 Blogger said...

Well, I think dancing on it would be perilous!