Tuesday 8 January 2008

The Big Man and a RIGHT strop.


Now I don't want to get all religious on anyone because although I happily attend Church I find it very, very uncomfortable when people ask me 'Is there room for Jesus in your life?' I am inclined to say 'If he wants to, sure but my heating's a bit dicky and the bathroom isn't decorated'. Anyhow, my point is, enforcing one's religion on someone else is bad form in my book. I like what I like and respect whatever you might or might not like too, but wearing it on the sleeve is not my cup of tea, and if I do like it, I am not inclined to talk about it outside of a pretty small circle of people...that said, check this verse out for the Big Man in a RIGHT strop, and on a day you'd want to keep a v.low profile. This is from the Book of Zephaniah which is very close to the end of the OT and is only a page long - check this for wrath (I read this in bed a couple of nights ago and made a swift note to be nice to people the next day)!

This is well harder than Jules in Pulp Fiction before he quotes Ezekiel and he and Vincent shoot the room to fuck!

Here goes...

Zephaniah 1: 15-17


15 That day will be a day of wrath,
a day of distress and anguish,
a day of ruin and devastation,
a day of darkness and gloom,
a day of clouds and thick darkness,

16 a day of trumpet blast and battle cry
against the fortified cities
and against the lofty battlements.


17 I will bring such distress upon people
that they shall walk like the blind;
because they have sinned against the Lord,
their blood shall be poured out like dust,
and their flesh like dung.

PS God, if you are reading my Blog, you know I'm a respectful and happy fan, yeah?

No comments: