Thursday 9 October 2008

Shopping....


Whilst VX52 was having his MOT, I took a stroll into the city's new shopping centre that opened a fortnight ago (and has already seem 1m people pass through!) It's quite smart and has all these stores, so it's fine if you like clothes shopping and coffee, both of which I can exist without. I do like the apple store though, and the Sony Centre. Harvey Nicks is not my thing at all.

Anyhow, here's what some of it looks like from the very top.

It was pretty busy today and the tragic thing is I was quite excited about an escalator that looked as though it was going very slowly indeed but then when I stepped on it (the only person at the time) it immediately started to go faster - cool!

8 comments:

Suburbia said...

That's so funny! Just visualising you on the escilator. SS would absolutly love it!

BS5 Blogger said...

It is very exciting. It's got an outside shot at my 'favourite escalators in the world' list !

Saz said...

sounds like fun!! :) and l really like the design of it, looks very open!! In the main I dislike these shopping centres, our nearest being the Metro centre....I have to plan my trip carefully and then in and out, not browsing, too hot, too many peole...the only one I really like big time is BLUEWATER..veyr classy and open till late, but am not often there with time on my hands.. And OOOOOOOHHH the APPLe store, I love it!! totally agree...I love my ipod and l am in the process of propelling myself towards a store to buy the Bose sounddock for my ipod the sound is amazing...its just the guilt keeps getting in the way...£50 off just now too.. watch this space!

BS5 Blogger said...

Buy the bose and hold the guilt!

I know both Bluewater and the Metro Centre (which was always said as one word 'MetrrrrruuuuCentaaah, man' in a NE accent!)

I worked for FMCG retailers who had units in both and visited each centre a handful of times. I didn't like Bluewater much, but I think that was just the people.

scargosun said...

This is really pretty! I work in the 3rd largest mall in the US but it doesn't have the outdorsy feel that this one does.

BS5 Blogger said...

Cool! At University I wrote a couple of essays about shopping centers in the US for one of my Geography minors - I really enjoyed that course too...is that tragic?

Our new one does feel roomy and airy, but on a visit today there were lots of visitors but not many who actually had store bags, and that tells you a good deal of course!

Anonymous said...

Escalator are sneaky... you have to watch 'em.

BS5 Blogger said...

Too true! Hello and welcome along.