Saturday 4 October 2008

Pic 'n Mix....fifty six


Last night was Bingo calling night - a new line in my CV, perhaps.

Our usual Bingo caller was out for dinner and asked me if I would step in. Heck, why not? Drama from the off as the key got stuck in the door so I turned the corner to find an assembly of panicked folk. I nipped over the road to the local garage and borrowed their WD40 and we were in shortly after.

This is the Enigma machine used for Bingo calls. I had intended to print out all the numbers with their calls, such as 77 Sunset Strip but this didn't happen, so I kinda' made them up which was a decidedly risky tactic as the Bingo ladies are quite fierce about protocol, especially with a young whipper-snapper on the go.

We played six games with yours truly calling away, making it up and generally being silly, and whaddayaknow, they loved it and asked if I would call every other time and share the duty with the regular caller.

After Bingo it was a well deserved pint at The Rhubarb and a few tunes on the Karaoke (sang Wondwerwall and various others).

A classy night altogether here in Bravo Sierra Fiver.

3 comments:

Suburbia said...

Karaoke and bingo all in one night?!!

scargosun said...

You sang Wonderwall? IS there video of this?

BS5 Blogger said...

Alas there is no video, Scargosun! I could suggest you simply look at Oasis on You Tube because my rendition was almost perfect....but that's not really true!