Wednesday 2 July 2014

From the Metropolis to BS5.

Some time back I caught one of the many trains leaving London Paddington for Bristol. 

It's a journey I take about once month in my current job. I like the route very much. Just occasionally I happen upon a particular service that runs this route, The Bristolian, (like The Flying Scotsman which can be many trains but is only one timed service). The train staff hurtle through the train putting up window posters so passengers are aware of the stops and the destination. This I felt duty bound to liberate; it has all the things I like summarised in one poster - even the sketch of Temple Meads - and they are only thrown away at the end.  I then indulged in a consultation at the framers to get the best look and preserve this happy memory of London to Bristol travel.

Fantastic! 



No comments: