I have been at this caper for about six weeks and in that time, I have worked 52 hours more than contract just to get things done or keep stores open. I have to be diplomatic at work, but here I can state the bleedin' obvious and share the opinion that it's ill thought-out as a concept and fairly fucked up.
Anyhow, having acquired 7 days extra on a 3 day week, I am taking the next fortnight and a bit off to catch up. 18 days until my next day back at work and a fairly easy week on getting back to it (although I am giving up a weekend to work a show on my return).
Things I would like to do these next days:
- Stay in bed beyond the 06.00 news on Radio 4
- Loaf about
- See my folks
- Canoe down the Wye with my bro'
- Really put some wellie into finding my next role
- Get out on my bike
- Get running again
- Work out how my tivo box is any different to the box it replaced
- Go to Shrewsbury
- Go to Dawlish for top sea wall train action!
- Cajole my brother into a good shift clearing the back garden
- Find my Definitely Maybe album
- Take a walk across Clifton Suspension bridge
- Shout loudly ALL DAY LONG and slam the door to kingdom come....in order to emulate my feckin' neighbours of late