Friday 21 November 2008

VERY cool!


So today I bought a Mac Book pro' for my brother . He lives in Manila and his nearest Apple Shop is a few hours away in Hong Kong. My nearest Apple store is 17 minutes and 22 seconds from my house, so Wavey (my brother) wired me the cash and I headed on in for top retail purchasing on his behalf.

In a surreal turn of events while I was buying the Mac Book, Wavey was sorting his Visa so he can leave Manila and come home over Christmas. He went along in his shorts but you can't wear shorts in the Visa office in Manila so he had to hire a pair of strides from an enterprising Phillipino on the street outside who was hiring them by the half hour.

So , back to the Mac - new gadgets are cool; well packaged ones are even better. In fact it was so cool, Barack Obama came round to look too; you can hear him giving a speech on a live feed to the US whilst he looked!

In the comment I have said Mac Book Air, but of course, it's a Pro. Barack - thanks for pointing out my error there, dude.

Check this out!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh I want to fly home right now and play with it.... Top retailing action there bro.. thanks!

BS5 Blogger said...

Hey due, any time.

The box is a really, really uber cool bit of design! It is as smart as a very clever Owl.

scargosun said...

I wish I liked Macs but I NEED my rigth and left mouse buttons. :)

BS5 Blogger said...

Yeah, me too! I like Macs because they are stylish but I need mouse buttons too! If I won a Mac Book pro', I'd be chuffed but if I was buying a laptop, I'd bag a Sony Viao thingy!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

YAY!!!

I am in the market for those, actually.

But, I think you are substantially closer to your store than I am.
I'd wire you the money, but then I'd be paying in pounds instead of dollars and I think I'd rather spend dollars.

Hug Obama for me.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

BS5 Blogger said...

Hey S&V - don't tell a soul but Barack only visited cos he thought that you, Alaina and Scargosun might have been over for dinner and wine - he was disappointed that you weren't all here in person...all my American Blog readers who he wanted to meet.

Stay cool!

Anonymous said...

very awesome! you know i adore macs... :-)

very cool voice btw... love the accent of course!