Tuesday 18 November 2008

Shuting the breeze, A BS5 Book Review.


Early on this morning at a little before three I finished a good book by Nevil Shute, 'Beyond Black Stump' . My brother had been reading it and he gave it to me on Saturday morning when I stayed with him. It's about love, the outback, oil drilling, Australia, sheep and Oregon.

It was a harmless and hopeful read and I enjoyed it but as the pages consumed outweighed those left, to a point where there was simply not enough space for the narrative to go anywhere else, one could see the outcome, which was a little bit of a shame.

Anyhow, I liked the book and it's worth a read if you see a copy in a second hand book store. I am going to try another of his books which I will begin later in the week.

2 comments:

Saz said...

hard to put a good book down, or is it man..anyway I get the drift and I can read on till the small hours if am alone...love reading..

BS5 Blogger said...

Well,I hear you on the reading bit, but not the man part!! :)

Hey, your Gran looked a pretty sassy woman in her day!