Thursday 1 September 2016

The approach of autumn cooking.

September started today and I was there to see it at about 02.00 this morning, watching Donald Trump speak in Arizona against progress and American humility. That is not the point of this post though.

It is sunny as I write and an Indian summer seems to be holding out. I hope it holds out for this weekend's Dorset County show! Whilst the sunshine remains, I have, over the last couple of days made soup and various warming meals with cubed roast potatoes and rosemary, and celery, celeriac and crunchy vegetable sides. Dahl has been frequent and so too peppery chilli con carne. 
I like the onset of winter eating - soups, things roasted, gravy, stocks and casseroles, all with plenty of fresh vegetables and gentle, easy preparation. Here's some images of recent autumnal beginnings. Bring on the roast lamb in a few days' time.

















No comments: