Friday 23 July 2010

Speed!

When I arrived home a moment ago I fired up my work lappy in order to bang out a fast email. Something came up that needed a speedy solution (I was walking home from the train and a meeting in Birmingham).

My 21st C laptop is a work machine and was given to me 7 weeks ago to replace my previous one.

Look at the lightning time below.....it records the moment from pressing the on switch to detection of my wifi network and connection to my work server.

Nuclear attack warnings are are faster.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

windows os?

BS5 Blogger said...

Heck yeah!!

walsharoo... said...

there's no way that was a full boot...you were either in hibernation or sleep mode. No version of Windows would do a full boot in under 6 secs...

walsharoo... said...

I've just realised that minutes! (and sarcasm).

Much more like it.

Verification word was 'stropse'

Saz said...

isnt that an apple app??? you sat there and timed it? you could have made toast and tea!!!

saz x